This heavy-duty retractable cord reel comes with 50 feet of electric cord. The guide arm adjusts to wall, floor and overhead positions to eliminate tangled cords. Spring-driven auto rewind feature wraps, stores and protects cord. Color Gray, Amps 15, Cord Size 12/3, UL Listed No, Length ft. 50, Automatic Rewind Yes, Mount Type Floor, ceiling, wall, Lead-in Cord Length ft. 3 1/2. Multiposition lock ratchet secures cord at desired length 3 1/2-ft. lead in cord provides easy connection to outlet Durable construction with steel spring and pawl and zinc-plated ratchet Heavy-gauge steel base and support post 1in. solid steel axle with 1in. lubricated precision bearings
Average Customer Rating:
(1 Review) 1
Rating Summary(1 review)
1 of 1(100%)would recommend this product to a friend.
Customer Reviews for Klutch Retractable Cord Reel - 50-ft., 15 Amp, 12/3 Capacity, Includes Cord
Review 1 for Klutch Retractable Cord Reel - 50-ft., 15 Amp, 12/3 Capacity, Includes Cord
Could be the best cord reel on the market . . .
August 30, 2013
from Lacey, WA
1) Best bang for the buck I could find in terms of cord gauge, cord length, and build quality.
2) Heavy duty construction! I did not want to but one of those cord reels in a plastic enclosure.
1) The mounting bracket does not install separately. This would not be an issue if for the fact that there is not enough room between the top of the cord and the mounting plate to use lag screws. The best option I found was to install two screws/bolts to slide the two open mounting holes on, then use combo lag/bolts as mounting studs.
2) No cord shuttle to ensure even feeding. The first reel I got ended up getting several wraps off of the reel the first time I used it, and then when I tried to unwrap the cord and feed it on properly, it slipped, free spun, and broke itself. I get that you can't let the cord go and retract at full speed, but when you have to sit underneath it and hand feed it in, kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?!
1) Make the mounting bracket removable so it can be installed separately.
2) Put a cord shuttle or even a guide of some sort on. You do those two simple things and you have the best cord reel value on the market. BTW, fix the in feed cord description on the product page. It is a fantastic 54", but you have it as 3.5' (42")?!""
Describe Yourself: Home Handyman
3out of3found this review helpful.
Share this Review:
Thank you! You have successfully submitted a comment for this review.